We provide services, including mediation trainings, restorative justice circles and trainings, facilitation, and community education programs, to schools, families, communities, and businesses. Our services help people build skills to effectively mediate and resolve conflict.
The Dispute Resolution Center’s services are provided by professional, trained mediators at a low cost, and payment plans are available.
We are able to work with individuals who self refer, as well as with cases ordered by the Washtenaw and Livingston County Courts.
- Family Mediation cases can range from $75 - $175, per session, per party
- General Civil cases start at $65 per session, per party
- Small Claims cases that are ordered through the 14A, 14B, & 15th, & 53rd District Courts, there is no charge for mediation services conducted by our Center.
- Restorative Justice Circles - An emerging practice of interest to schools and communities and one that the Dispute Resolution Center specializes in is restorative justice. This practice allows the survivor and the person who caused the harm, along with their support persons, to come together in a safe environment to discuss and understand what happened, why it happened, the impact of the incident and how to make it right. This is a powerful process that we use with students, families, and litigants of the Peacemaking Court. For restorative justice, contact us at: email@example.com
- Restorative Justice Deflection Program - In partnership with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor's Office, the DRC will support you through your case using the restorative process. This is a free alternative to the traditional criminal legal system. To learn more, visit the webpage HERE.
If you haven't filled out an evaluation about your experience, you can do so HERE! We would love to hear from you!