Part-Time Permanent Administrative Assistant
The Dispute Resolution Center offers affordable, constructive, restorative and healing approaches to conflict resolution for the residents of Washtenaw and Livingston counties.
Respect - an understanding that all people have value and need to be treated with humanity and dignity;
Integrity - an adherence to the principles of fairness and wholeness, using a transparent consensus process whenever possible;
Accessibility - easy to contact or approach;
Restorative Justice - promoting processes using truth-telling, sharing of information and empowerment with the intent of repairing the harm;
Diversity & Inclusion - promoting and sustaining a sense of community belonging that values and respects the talents, beliefs and backgrounds of its members.
These are the core tenants that drive everything we do within our organization and with our the community. We treat everyone with humanity and dignity.
The DRC is seeking a well-rounded, collaborative, problem solver, fueled by a deep passion to serve the community and embraces a commitment to diversity, inclusion and uplifting equality and equity in everything that they do.
The person in this position must have a strong background in event planning, writing experience, comfortable communicating with clients and community partners, working independently, lead projects, prioritize workflow, and working closely with leadership.
As the frontline to the organization, it is important that the person in this position embodies the characteristics of empathy, listening, patience, and resourcefulness. We ensure that the people who come through our doors feel valued, heard, and well taken care of. People reach out to the DRC because they are in crisis and it is our responsibility to make sure that they are met with compassion and a willingness to help, even if we can’t serve them directly– we connect people with the help they need – no call gets left unanswered.
The Administrative Assistant position is a permanent 30 hr/week position.
This position reports to the Executive Director & Assistant Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Office Management (35%)
- Customer Service
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide as much assistance as possible or forward to the appropriate Case Coordinator. Some case in-take may be required.
- Respond to and/or forward incoming email inquiries and case referrals to appropriate Case Coordinator.
- Order office supplies and other materials as needed for the organization
- Help research cost-benefits and comparisons into new operational expenses or projects.
- Ensure payments are made on time for operational needs. I.e - subscription renewals, insurance, phone/internet, etc…
- Keep track of online accounts, logins/passwords.
- Special projects
- Assist with special admin projects like printing and assembling training binders, mass mailings, coordinate with outside printer to order outreach materials, order merch, etc…
- Assist in the preparation of bi-monthly Board Packets and communicate with the Board.
- Other Office Support
- Assist Staff with tech troubleshooting and coordinate with the IT Helpdesk.
- Monitor mail and disseminate to appropriate staff.
- Customer Service
- Event Coordination (30%)
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Assistant Director with project vision, implementation, and execution, especially leading in planning and logistics coordination.
- Have some experience with community-wide events or larger events of 100+ attendees
- Assist Staff with all other DRC and partner events
- Case Support & Data Entry (20%)
- Monthly review/reconciliation/audit of case files for the organization
- Assist with follow-up, in-take and scheduling to assist other Case Coordinators
- Host zoom case sessions where needed or assist with in-person set-up for all case types, including reserving rooms/spaces at various locations around the community.
- Monitor the case log on a regular basis to make-sure there aren’t discrepancies or duplicates.
- Reconcile data between the caselog and our case database MadTrac.
- Update cases where needed.
- Communicate with Staff about any data/info/documents needed to complete case files.
- Communications and Outreach (10%)
- Strong tech skills in: websites, social media, basic communications and outreach platforms like Mailchimp or Constant Contact.
- Strong writing skills and understanding of audience.
- Comfortable sending e-blasts, posting social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Billing and Invoicing (5%)
- Work closely with the Executive Director on court contract invoicing.
- Work closely with the Accountant to ensure expense receipts are received.
- Responsible for invoicing clients
- Assist with monthly bank deposits
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or commensurate experience
- Non-profit background and/or experience preferred
- Comfortable with a flex 50/50 remote and in-person schedule
- Able to work independently
- Have own transportation
- Flexible PTO
- 2 weeks paid vacation (spring/winter)
- Work laptop provided
Salary: $18.50/hr or $28,860 annually
Deadline to apply: Wednesday March 1 @ 5:00 PM
Please submit cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org.