The Dispute Resolution Center currently has a 40 Hour Mediator Training scheduled for May 2015. Registration is open please click below to learn more and sign up!
Restorative Circles are a productive, peaceful way for students to resolve differences, work out conflict and understand how behavior affects others. Probate Mediation allows family members to discuss emotional issues in a calm, safe environment…
The 2015 Spring Event will celebrate 25 years of Community Conflict Resolution programs. This year’s annual fundraiser will be May 7th. More details to come soon but click here to see pics from last years event!
Check this space for relevant articles, links and events regarding mediation, alternative dispute resolution, the law, court schedules and trainings. If you would like to view the Volunteer Mediator Handbook. Some of these resources may require a passcode…
- The Dispute Resolution Center of Washtenaw and Livingston Counties seeks to build peaceful communities by offering a variety of affordable conflict resolution services and trainings. In Washtenaw County, the Dispute Resolution...Read More
- Become a DRC volunteer. It’s rewarding, educational and empowering. Mediation training is available at a reduced rate with a one year commitment. There are many ways you can help support...Read More
- SAY YES – GET ON TRACK (Training, Restorative, Attendance, Community, Knowledge) with the DRC’s School Programs. School Programs 1. Peer Mediation/Restorative Justice Program Peer mediation involves training students to become...Read More
- Student, School Attendance Mediation Participant
“The peer mediation program at Ypsilanti High School is a step in the right direction for handling student conflicts and creating a positive school culture. Students will be empowered to work out their own problems. This empowerment is needed for student maturity and skill building.”...Jessica McLemore, Peer Mediation Coordinator - Ypsilanti High School
- Student, Family Mediation Participant
“The DRC was integral to our being able to discover what the real issues were in this negotiation and to helping us find common ground. Through intense sessions, they guided us to a set of agreements that I believe will keep our relationship strong for years to come.”...Conan Smith, Washtenaw County Commissioner
- Justin Jennings, Principal of Ypsilanti Community High School